Saturday, June 20, 2009

Trip to Utah!

Angela, Carolyn and I took a girls' trip to Utah for 12 days! We had so much fun!

One of the days there we went to a temple open house..it was wonderful! Carolyn thought that she was going to the temple to marry her prince, Micah...she was disappointed to not find him there :) The whole time walking through, she talked about how she's going to come back to marry her Prince Micah.

(I love this picture...look at Carolyn's arm on Angela...they're such sweet sisters)
My sister, Andrea, and Carolyn at the temple. Andrea and Carolyn became SUCH closer friends on the trip.
Angela snuggling with her grandpa (my dad).
My dad is so cute. He made an "Ashton Cousin Camp" for all the cousins before I came out :) He built a sand box, had a pool out, and had a little tent out for the kids. Angela and Carolyn had so much fun at their house!
Carolyn just fell in love with Uncle Richy while out there. She couldn't get over how funny he was :)
My sister, Andrea, chopped my hair off while I was out there! Thanks, An....my hair needed to be cut!
I feel so blessed that I was able to be out there for Cooper's baby blessing. Here is a picture of my sister, Michelley, with her two cute boys.


Here I am holding cute, little Cooper :)

One of the days we girls went to visit Nana and Ponka!
Their town had a fair going on...the girls had so much fun!
As Carolyn would ride on some of rides, Angela would look for her sister. When she found Carolyn, she would point at her and then wave! Here she is pointing:
And here she is waving at sister:
Carolyn with a painted alligator on her face :)



Carolyn is becoming more girly, which is kinda fun because she'll now let me do fun things like paint her nails :)


Grandma reading Carolyn bedtime stories:
Carolyn on a walk with Grandma :)
My little snuggle-bugs :)
Look at Carolyn holding on tight to Uncle Richy and smiling big - she loves her uncle!

And she loves her Aunt Andrea!





Jaxie, Angela and Carolyn:
One of the days we went to "This is the Place." The kids had a great time petting the animals, riding on the train, and eating ice cream.








Carolyn just loves her best friend, Jaxon.


Angela and Andrea become really, really great friends..Angela is quite the mama/dada's girl, so it was huge for her to love being with Andrea so much :)

Pictures of us playing at the "Ashton Cousin Camp":

I LOVE this picture of the girls!
Look at Angela's cute little cheeks: (dont' you just want to give her a big kiss?)

One of the days I was there, I got to see my sister, Lizzie and her 2 cute kids:
We did a lot of fun stuff that I didn't get pictures of...for instance, one day we went swimming...and another day Michelle and I met up with our two good friends, Laurie and Shauna (it was so fun seeing them and their kids).
We had so much fun in Utah, but it was so nice to get back to Andrew. He's basically the best person ever. When we returned home from our trip, he had decorated the entire apt. and made us a "welcome home" cake! :) We sure missed him!
Andrew said he couldn't figure out how to work the cake decorating stuff...I still think he did a good job... :) We were soooo exited to feel so welcomed home!

12 comments:

Misty said...

Looks like so much fun! And you look great - i love your hair!

The Lambert Family said...

It looks like you had a blast! It's too bad we didn't get to see you guys while you were here. Did you drive? We went to the temple open house too. Isn't it gorgeous? Caden and Elise loved it! What a fun trip! Did all your siblings come too?

Kara said...

aw that looks like you guys had so much fun! lots of cute pics! and i didnt realize at first that you got a haircut but it really looks cute!

k.young said...

What a fun trip! I loved looking through all of the pictures. How nice to get to spend 12 days with family! Your girls are getting so big and so cute!

Michelley said...

My favorite part is the cake. Andrew is so sweet. That's the cutest thing ever. Love the whole post. Miss you guys. Thanks for coming! Now I need to do mine!

Libby said...

Such cute pics...your family is so beautiful. Sad I missed you - lets get together for lunch next time you are in Utah!

brenley said...

Andrew's cake decorating skills are commensurate with his IQ.

love,
Justin

(P.S. That's not to say I don't actually love it - and him.)

brenley said...

now it's bren:) i didn't know justin high-jacked my computer:)

such cute pictures!!!! you look gorgeous and your girls have their mama's good looks too! what a fun trip! visiting family is so fun - i MISS it! and we miss you guys!

Jen said...

I love all the pictures! Looks like you had a lot of fun. Andrew's cake is awesome, he did a great job. Looks like he figured out how to use the decorating stuff to me.

Aggieland Mom said...

FINALLY! I get to see pictures of my beautiful Jannie-girl! You are one HOT mama! Loved all the pics, your trip to Utah looked like fun. Can't believe how old Richard and Andrea are! Holy cow! Love ya babe!

Joe and Laurie Denton said...

I am so glad that you and the girls had so much fun and was able to see Cooper and visit with Michelle. We had a great time seeing you and hope to see you again. Jaxson has been asking to play with Carolyn ever since we saw you guys. Hope to see you again soon. PS I have updated our blogg. It'a about time huh!

Tamara Hart Heiner said...

girl, you look fantastic! Have you lost weight? and I love the haircut! shows off your beautiful eyes!

I had no idea Michelle had a baby! come on now I can't be that out of the loop! congrats, Michelle!