Sunday, May 24, 2009

Carolyn's Birthday!

Carolyn has been waiting months for this day to arrive – her birthday! I think it is everything she imagined :)


Since her birthday is today (Sunday) we kind of made the whole weekend a birthday celebration for her. Andrew had work off on Friday so we went to the zoo as a family. On Saturday, she had a birthday party with her little buddies and then hung out with cousins and Aunt Chantal for the day. Today we opened presents and played with them all as much as possible! This day really has been a dream come true to our sweet Carolyn.
Pictures from the Princess/Prince Birthday Party:


I made a three layer castle cake for Carolyn’s birthday that turned out pretty cute…unfortunately, it tumbled all over the night before the party (it was after midnight and I wasn’t about to start over)…so, I cut off the two top layers and this was the result…haha…oh well...it didn’t matter to Carolyn, however...all she wanted was a blue Cinderella Castle so it met all her expectations :)

Thank you, thank you to friends for the awesome gifts!
Blowing bubbles with Aunt Chantal and cousins after the party.

I love this picture of Anna and Carolyn.
A big thank you to everyone’s gifts to Carolyn…she was completely showered with gifts on her birthday!


I really wanted a picture with my birthday girl, but Carolyn is quite camera shy…this is the best I could do...it’s a picture of lucky me playing with the new toys with my girl.
My two sweeties reading together.


We love our big 3-year-old!!

7 comments:

The Lambert Family said...

I can't believe she is already 3! They grow up so very quick! It looks like she had a great birthday party!

Michelley said...

Love the blue dress (especially how excited she was to get it). Love the cake (I still think it's fabulous. Mark and I still laugh at his birthday cake that toppled over a few years ago). Love the princess hats - such a cute idea. Hate the fact we missed the party. Love the face that you will be here soon.

Michelley said...

Oh, and LOVE that 3 year old! (and 1 year old).

k.young said...

How crazy that she is three! What a fun birthday! All the pictures are so cute!

Libby said...

Jannie, thanks for your sweet comment! I didn't realize Carolyn and Mark's b-days were so close. Happy Birthday to adorable Carolyn. I miss you tons, coming to Utah this summer? Hope so.

brenley said...

happy birthday, carolyn! what a fun weekend! you surely made her special day extra special. that is sad about the cake tumbling over but it turned out super cute regardless! and their 1 and 3 year old pictures are darling. such cute girls - they definitely have their mama's beautiful looks:) glad you are all doing well!

Mommy said...

I hope that Carolyn enjoys her long, long, logn. long alligator that we for her birthday. I wasn't sure how Angela would feel about it, since Jaxon freaked out when I bought it. (We had to hide it in the car as we brought it home.) I tlooks like Carolyn had a really fun birthday party.