Today, June 4, 2016, our Angela got baptized! I am so happy for Angela and her amazing decision! It was a day where the spirit was so strong.
About 30 days ago, the missionaries in our ward came to our home. They challenged us to do a 21 day challenge. In those 21 days, they gave us a list of scriptures to read as a family for 21 days. We also made a list of people we prayed for every day, both morning and night as a family. One of those people on our list was one of Angela's good friends from school, Araceli. We prayed she would come to Angela's baptism....everyday for 21 days morning and night. A couple of weeks ago, we brought Araceli over an invitation to Angel's baptism. Her mother speaks Spanish so when Angela and I went over there to invite Araceli and her family to the baptism, there was quite the language barrier. Araceli translated, but I left feeling a little discouraged because the language barrier made it so I didn't think her mom knew what we were trying to invite her to.
Time went by, I text her mom a few days before the baptism expressing hope that they could come. This morning I didn't think she was coming. Well, 15 minutes before the baptism, Araceli called and we talked on the phone for the first time ever. Araceli asked if Angela could have a playdate with her. Now, maybe some would say coincidence, but our family believes it was an answer to our 42 prayers of asking Araceli to be able to come to the baptism. We wanted to share with Angela's friend the amazing spirit she might feel during the baptism. After Araceli asked if Angela could play, I told her Angela couldn't play because she was getting baptized and we would love for her to come! It took a little time on the phone and we arranged for us to pick her up. What an amazing answer to our prayers!! This story will always hold a special place in my heart. Prayers are answered. The spirit was so amazing at Angela's special baptism and confirmation and we hope that Araceli could feel Heavenly Father and the Savior's love for her.
Angela and Araceli.
Doesn't Angela glow?! She looks so happy. It reminds me of when Alma baptized and the people clapped their hands and then came out of the baptism waters they were filled with great joy. That is the look I see on Angela's face!
Lots of people came to her baptism. Here are a few. The Crawfords (from Brighton...they drove all the way as did the Masiellos...what GREAT friends we have!!)...Grandpa is not in the picture because he was getting the food for everyone (THANK YOU GRANDPA!!!)..and Carolee and Joel Scoville are not here in the picture to name a few...
Love this girl! Two of the amazing spiritual gifts I think she has been given include - hard working, and spiritual eyes to see the needs of others and then ACTING on what she sees she can do to help, My heart has been so touched as I have seen her prepare to be baptized. For example, she started reading the Book of Mormon. What a great example.
Carolyn spent her OWN money to buy this book for Angela. Look at that face on Angela :) She was quite pleased. It touched my heart that Carolyn would spend her own hard earned money to give Angela something she thought she would love like she did. (Carolyn doesn't get a lot of money around here...probably 1/2 year of allowance to buy that for her :)
Angela showing off her beautiful scripture bag she got from Nana and Ponka.
Grandpa made this box for Carolyn :)
Uncle Richy was awesome to come out for Angela's special day!! And here he and Tommy read together :)
No comments:
Post a Comment