A couple of weeks ago Carolyn said, "Mom, I like working together." We have officially crossed off "chores" and now just "work together" to get things done around the house.
That has been a life-changer actually in my life the last few months. I love being with my sweeties and know they won't be with me for very long before they leave me for college...so I try to do everything with them. If I am cooking, I have them cook with me or read to me while I am cooking...or talk to me (whatever). If I am cleaning, I ask them to join me. Emily LOVES following me and cleaning with me...she takes her little rag and bottle full of water and squirts and wipes where ever she sees a little mess. So cute and actually pretty helpful. If I need to fold laundry, I have them help me or bring the laundry where ever they might be. The last few times I have done it in the Toy Room while the girls played "School" with each other and Emily "played" UPWORDS with me....same with the ironing...I just bring it where ever the sweeties are and iron while talking and playing and teaching with them. Anyways- with all we do - try to work together and find ways for Mom to work while with the girls. Just as Elder Perry teaches - prepare supper while teaching your children!
Today we went to soccer (go girls!)...Angela was sooo close at scoring!! Carolyn did awesome at stopping the ball as a goalie today.
After soccer, we came home and "worked together" for a few hours. We cleaned the kitchen, bathrooms, vacuumed the whole house, dusted, etc. All just "working together." (Pictures below of the girls cleaning their tub together :)
Then, we went to King Soopers (we go there a lot - they have little shopping carts the girls can push...plus you get a free piece of cheese, a free cookie, and a 1 cent pony ride...the girls beg me to go back...and so we just do a few "mini" trips every week...plus, it's good on the wallet that way...I love just buying their produce and bread products on their "marked down" area).
After King Soopers, Andrew treated us all to slurpees at Seven Eleven and we played games as a family. Angela picked to play "Sorry" and Carolyn wanted "Uno."
Andrew and I are now ending the day watching the BYU/Utah game...it's half time right now and not looking very pretty.
Whole Wheat Ginger Cookies
16 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment