On Thanksgiving, my mom and dad came to visit! We were so happy!
Carolyn and Ang worked hard on the name-tags and napkin holders.
The girls and I were just completely obsessed with making these fruit turkeys - we made quite a few of them throughout November :)

Dig in Time! Chris' cute family came for the dinner! It was so fun having them and my parents for the celebration!
Looking at Black Friday ads :)
Andrew says I only love Thanksgiving because it means Christmas season is here. Maybe there is some truth to that, but I do love the shopping on Black Friday. Two things about the shopping this year...
1 - First, I really don't like how it is now "Black THURSDAY." I love the shopping and all - but, please, don't make it on Thanksgiving. The stupid 9pm opening made it so Andrew and I were rushing through our pie-eating so we could get on to planning for our shopping trip. So lame.
2- Andrew joined me for Black Friday! My parents were soo soo sweet to stay at home with the girls while we went out. Andrew did decide that he wasn't a fan (come-on, Andrew - what's so bad about standing in line for 4.5 hours at Best Buy and not even getting what we were in line for?) Haha. I loved that he came with me this year :)
Angela on her "big bike" - she's obsessed with this thing and she is such a cutie. This girl is cute, too.
Carolyn has been asking for MONTHS (literally) when we get to pick out the tree! I don't put up decorations for Christmas (besides my Christmas hanging on the wall that is up all year long as my tribute to my love of Christmas) until after Thanksgiving. We didn't waste any time. The day after Thanksgiving - we went to pick out a tree! And, oh - is it sooooo pretty and smells soooo lovely in our home. It was fun having my parents come along for the adventure (they stayed with us until the Tuesday after Thanksgiving :)
Emily's first experience picking out trees! Love this girl
The Winner!
Let the decorating begin!
All three girls with a sad-lookin' face. Oh boy. This picture makes me sad and giggly at the same time. Time for bed after a fun day.
The next day, much happier. My beautiful and sweet Emily.....
My dad treated our family to McDonalds. One of the girls' favorite places to go.
And look at our pretty lights! You can't see the lit deer lights in the front. I love Andrew for putting up lights on our house every year :) And the girls love him for it, too. Just about EVERY night, the girls and I drive around looking at peoples' Christmas light. We all agree that we love our house lights the very best.
The last day my parents were here, we went to see Santa at the most awesomest place ever to see Santa! Bass Pro Shop! Amazing! Free Festive carasoul ride, free fun games (cool sling shots, remote trains/cars, etc. etc.), and a free picture with an amazing Santa. Plus, it's just a fun store to be at - so fun. The girls and I will be back this season. Atleast one more time with Andrew, but probably a few more times than that.
The girls loved trying on Grandma's glasses :) Teehehe :)
We also started an AWESOME tradition this year!! I made a big Christmas tree (don't be intimidated by my artistic ability). Every day we read a scripture or story about Jesus. The girls listen for a characteritic or name for Jesus. Then, the girls write down the characteristic or name on a paper ornament they made and then put it on the tree! On Christmas we will have a tree full of beautiful characteristics of Christ. A wonderful way to focus on why we have this wonderful holiday, to celebrate and remember our Savoir. I am so thankful for Him and that because of Him I can be with this family of mine that I am so inlove with! Merry Christmas season!
3 comments:
Wow! You guys have been so busy! By the way, I agree with you on the Black Thursday thing. It is ruining Thanksgiving! Your tree looks great!
You HAVE been busy. I'm glad you got to spend time with your parents and with Chris's family. How fun. I'm also glad it is FINALLY to the Christmas season for you! =)
So fun. Love it all. Okay and Emily's eyes are to dye for! And Carolyn looks like your clone with those glasses on.
Post a Comment