Today our little sweety turned 9 months! We sure love her! She is soooo sooo happy and easy-going. She loves her sisters and they make her laugh better than any one else. She loves people singing to her (esp. "If You're Happy and You know it"). She is crawling like a genius and can now stand up by herself while holding onto something. She loves her solid foods (her favorite is oatmeal) and she is growing great. She is at about the 50 percentile for height/weight and in the 90 percentile for the head (as Carolyn's doctor once told me (b/c all my girls have had about that same measurement) - "perfect size and big brains.") She LOVES LOVES people - she gets so much attention every where she goes (she loves smiling, talking, and laughing at everyone). She gets lots of comments on her beautiful blue eyes and her tinted-red hair. She is such a peacemaker at the home - when Carolyn gets hurt, she literally cries for Emily (Emily has taken over a lot of my work as a mom). We call Em "Doctor Emily" b/c when the girls get hurt, Emily acts as a doctor and makes them all better (I do the voice and move her hands around like a doctor - it makes us all laugh - even Em). She is like her other sisters and is a total Daddy's girl. When she sees Andrew for the first time at night she just flirts with him for like the first 30 min (or all night)...calls to him ....talks/screams (a happy scream) at him...laughs at him...anything to talk to him and get his attention.
Emily with her cute sister: Carolyn took these pictures of Emily and me playing...a little bit up close and personal but I decided to post them anyways. Luckily, it's been a while since I have gotten a rude comment on how I must be a teenage mom. I think I finally might look my age. However, now I always get comments about how Emily is almost as big as me (some guy at Costco told Carolyn and Angela today that their mom forgot to eat her Wheaties as a kid and they better be sure to eat theirs). Anyways, when I look at pictures, I can sorta see what people are saying...this baby girl is going to be as tall as me before I know it (not that that is a hard accomplishment :) We love you, our little Ms!
Such cute pictures! Emily is such a happy baby, I love it. She is growing up so fast. Her and Kate need to meet so they can play. You look awesome! P.S. Will you be in Colorado for the week after Christmas? We'll be there and would love to drop by to say 'hi'.
Okay first of all, GREAT job on the pictures!!!! SO, so cute! Second, the Wheaties comment is cracking me up. I'm going to put that right next to the "Is she the new student?" story. And I love the Dr. Emily. That is so, so adorable!! What a doll!
"There is no such thing as the perfect mother....We just do the best we can with the help of the Lord..."
Marjorie Pay Hinckley
“Occasionally some individuals let the seeming ordinariness of life dampen their spirits. Though actually coping and growning, others lack the quiet, inner-soul satisfaction that can steady them, and are experiencing instead, a lingering sense that there is something more important they should be doing . . .as if what is quietly achieved in righteous individual living or in parenthood are not sufficiently spectacular.”
Elder Maxwell
6 comments:
All your girls looks so much alike! It's so cute! :)
VERY sweet pictures. You still look young...just maybe not like a teenager any more =)
Such cute pictures! Emily is such a happy baby, I love it. She is growing up so fast. Her and Kate need to meet so they can play.
You look awesome!
P.S. Will you be in Colorado for the week after Christmas? We'll be there and would love to drop by to say 'hi'.
Okay first of all, GREAT job on the pictures!!!! SO, so cute! Second, the Wheaties comment is cracking me up. I'm going to put that right next to the "Is she the new student?" story. And I love the Dr. Emily. That is so, so adorable!! What a doll!
cute pictures! cure baby! cute mama!
Post a Comment