Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Garden Treasures

I have definitely developed a huge passion for gardening over the last couple of years. Our garden isn't as big as I'd like (although we did double the size this summer...and next summer we're going bigger) and we're nowhere near to the expert-gardeners I know, but I really love it! We have zucchini and tomatoes coming in (I've been having too much fun with the zucchini and I can't wait to start on my salsa making!) - and the peas and cucumbers are close :) So exciting. Anyways, the girls just love the garden, too! In the mornings, we'll go out and pick our veges and then eat it as part of our breakfast (what's yummier than raw green smoothies with fresh veges or raw zucchini and tomatoes for breakfast? (I just love Ang's face in this pic)


And...a couple of random pics..

Chantal (Andrew's sister) had a baby on the 23rd! Welcome Ryan David! He is a cutie!
On the 23rd, we celebrated the 24th of July at a stake activity...basically, we just love Saturdays with Andrew :)

4 comments:

Nicole said...

That was a big zucchini! We have a box garden too, unfortunately only the tomatoes survived the rabbits. I even had a fence around it. :) I was wondering if I could get an invite to your preschool with mommy blog. I'll be doing preschool at home with some other moms this year and I love your ideas. mike.nicolepfeiffer@gmail.com

Thanks!

The Lambert Family said...

I love gardening too! Nothing beats garden tomatoes!

anorthowife said...

i think you should have put emily next to that zucchini because im pretty sure they would be about the same size. wow!!!

Michelley said...

He is a cutie! And is he smiling - how adorable!? And way to go on your garden!