Yesterday was the day Carolyn has been awaiting for big time since Christmas. I hope it was everything she dreamed it would be. She did say this about her birthday yesterday: "This is my best birthday ever. Not when I turned 3, not when I turned 2, not when I turned 1, not when I turned baby…when I turned 4!"...So, I think the day was a success!
One out of the many things we just love about our Carolyn:
Dad- She is an amazing sister to Angela!
Mom - She is a social butterfly! She loves to talk to everyone and is a great friend!
Carolyn - I am a good sister.
Angela - dance

I think we all had a blast on her big day! Carolyn was
in charge; she got to pick out all the activities we did for the day. Her first big request that was that we call her "birthday girl" all day - she didn't want to go by "Carolyn" or anything else. For her birthday, we ate chocolate (she had certain foods picked out for the day for months....chocolate cereal, a special treat she picked out at our Produce store, Princess
Spaghettios, and
McDonald's for dinner....yes, a day of junk food...but birthdays come just once a year, right?). We opened presents (and played with them), did puzzles, went for a long bike ride, went to the Dollar Store to pick out a gift from Great Grandma and Grandpa, went to the library and picked out (and watched) a Barbie Princess Movie, planted flowers that Carolyn picked out, painted toenails, made necklaces, talked on the phone, and ended the day with
McDonald's and then cake and
ice cream. I think both girls had a fun day (I certainly did)! Carolyn now can't wait until she turns 5!! Another long year of waiting for her :)
The sandbox we made last month was the gift from Andrew and I to the girls for their birthdays, but both of them were pretty spoiled by friends and family. One gift Carolyn's aunt gave her was a Cinderella Barbie....Carolyn and I made a Barbie
Dream House for Cinderella to live in.

Carolyn with her chocolate....





Carolyn has had her cake picked out for months. She told me exactly what colors she wanted and where all the colors should be on the cake. She said that her birthday cake turned out even prettier than she thought it would be so eventhough it's nothing fancy, she made me feel good.




Aren't
Daddy's the best? Andrew wished he could have hung out with us all day, but it was great when he was able to meet up with us for the fun.

Carolyn flying around in her butterfly costume....can you tell butterflies are one of her favorites?


Happy Birthday, Carolyn!!!!!!!!!!! I love you!!!!!!!!
8 comments:
a butterfly and a choo-choo cake. you ladies all put me to shame! =) Glad you guys had so much fun on her birthday. sounds delightful!
What a fun day!! I can not believe that she is 4. Both of your girls are getting so big and beautiful. Ok, that cake looked amazing. You did such a fabulous job on it. A day of junk food sounds good to me, and not just on my birthday!!
SOunds like such a fun day!
I love that she had you call her birthday girl all day. She cracks me up. She has so much life - just like you. I love it! The cake is beautiful! And I love the barbie house - you are so good!
happy birthday, carolyn!! what a fun day!!!!!
your cakes are amazing! looks like a very fun day!
wow, you made that cake??? I'm way impressed.
Adorable Children!
Post a Comment