Friday, February 12, 2010

Angela and Me

Carolyn goes to bed quite early (usually 7:30ish) so there is an hour or so between the time she goes down to bed and Angela goes down (it’s just the schedule that I found that works the best for us). In between the girls' bedtimes, Angela and I have our special uninterrupted one-on-one time together – it’s one of my favorite times of the day! We pull out puzzles, books, quiet learning toys and activities, etc. and have so much fun together. I think she really loves this time, too, because as soon as I close the door to Carolyn’s room after putting Carolyn to bed, Angela bolts to my room (where we have our time together) and goes to our special cupboard with our activities :) I get to play with both girls a lot during the day, but I love when it's just the two of us (Carolyn gets her one-on-one time with me that I love during Angela's nap).

She is quite the puzzle-pro (we do a lot of puzzles around here). The other day I pulled out this puzzle for the first time for her and she did it without hardly missing a beat.
She’s also pretty impressive with her “ABC” puzzle.
She loves doing her shape sorter and does such a great job with it.
Angela loves reading. Her favorite book topics are definitely babies and animals!

I love my Angela!

3 comments:

Michelley said...

I love your Angela too! That's so cool she gets that time with you every day. Your girls are so lucky to have you!

brenley said...

i think little shelley and angela would get along great! they'd both be in baby heaven :) we love puzzles around here too. what fun children are! i'm glad you get one on one time with your youngest. so special! and i love the vday pictures. cute gals you have! we must get together sometime before our children meet up in college! tell andrew hi from us!

Carolyn said...

Another pizzle girl!!! You have smart girlies.