Monday, November 16, 2009

I Heart Andrew

I knew that Andrew was incredibly amazing when I married him, but it has been astonishing to discover over the years how exactly amazing he truly is. One of his many great qualities is he is so good at surprising me.

About 2 weeks ago, we told me to not plan anything for Friday the 13th – he wanted to take me out for a date. Cute, I know – planning a date way in advance:) Anyways, the time drew nearer and on Thursday (the night before the date), I discovered that he had taken the entire day off of work for the date – I, of course, assumed it would just be a night thing. It was a WONDERFUL day with Andrew!! He first took me out for a late lunch to my favorite restaurant, Red Robin (a big thanks to my parents for the gift certificate there –thank you!) Then, we went and saw “Christmas Carol.” As Andrew would put it, I like any movie that has to do with Christmas so I really enjoyed the show (HOWEVER, it is not a kid show!! It is scary! I wouldn’t ever bring Carolyn and Angela to it!) Anyways, it was so fun! I love dinner and a movie! Last, we went to a hotel so I could have the night off of kids (I LOVE those kids (obviously) – but a night off was wonderful!)

And who, you might be wondering, is the amazing person that watched our kids so Andrew and I could have a fabulous day off? Aunt Chantal! She’s incredible! Watched our kids all day and all night – THANK YOU!

Anyways, I love Andrew – I have no idea how I got him, but I love that I did!

4 comments:

Shauna@shwinandshwin said...

First wow! That is an awesome surprise! I am glad you got a night off, I can't wait for a night off, as much as I do love the kids, it is so refreshing to have one night without them. Second, I love that Red Robin is your favorite restaurant, it's my favorite place too and Ren and I went on a way over due date there on Friday as well (looks like we were red robin buddies:) Third, glad to hear about the movie, I heard them say on the disney channel that it may be scary for some young audience but I wasn't sure how scary it would be, thanks for the heads up!

k.young said...

WOW! What a fun date. You are so lucky!! :)

Michelley said...

I'm so glad you posted this so you could remember it. You have an awesome "Edward."

brenley said...

what a fun surprise!!! sounds like a fabulous date!!!