Carolyn worked really hard on an art project of hers tonight for an hour and a half! And she’s still not done with it ….we agreed that I would leave all of her crayons, stickers, paper, etc. out over night so she could pick right back up from where she left off. When I walked over to see what she was working on, she told me it was a surprise…she was making me a book for Christmas! That’s my little girl…prepping for Christmas in Sept :) (Maybe this is bad?) Anyways, I feel so special that her little book for me is taking her so long to make…I’m not allowed to look at it until Christmas so I took these pictures and left her alone :) Carolyn now has a “Christmas Binder” where she is going to store all of her Christmas gifts she makes for people....

(And don't worry, even though we're a little obsessive about Christmas over here, we don't overlook the other holidays! Carolyn picked out what she wanted to be for Halloween and we got the costume last weekend (for $1! The Thrift Store by my apt. has a "Half Off" Sale every Saturday:) I got her little costume and cute dresses for her - each costing $1 - $2..yahoo! I love getting a great deal :)
Furthermore, we are also prepping for Thanksgiving right now by recording things we are thankful for on a regular basis....so, yeah, we aren't forgetting the other holidays :)
Anyways, on to a new topic :) Carolyn is such a sweety. After we read Family Scriptures, Carolyn likes have her personal study time to "read" the scriptures. I love hearing the stories she tells of Jesus (and of being nice, how to be happy, etc.) while she has the scriptures open! It truly strengthens my testimony every night to hear her sweet stories and testimony of Jesus.

And this is sweet Angela and me participating in one of Angela's FAVORITE things: brushing her teeth!! Whenever I want to distract Angela from something or make her happy, I say, "Brush teeth?" and she goes running to the bathroom.
7 comments:
So your kids are sooooo cute! I Love Love Love the christmas prep, my husband thought I was crazy when I started telling him what I wanted to get people for christmas. I think it is so sweet that she is making you a special book. I love the picture of you and Angela, it is precious and really captures the excitement! Jude was the same way (still kind of is) We used to have to have 2 toothbrushes for him one that stayed in the bathroom and one he could carry around so he could brush whenever he felt the need.
What fun pictures!
We love Christmas too. We have already started shopping and stuff, because we can't wait!
Aw Carolyn is so sweet! I'm seriously going to have to check out that thrift store though! What a great deal! I can't wait to see all the kids in their halloween costumes!
Christmas really is coming up so soon! I can't wait!
That is so adorable! I don't know if it is "genetical" or learned...the early Christmas spirit. I can't wait to see what she's making for you. By the way, I love her hair in that first picture. How did you get it to lay so perfectly? She looks like a total girl, not toddler at all in that shot. And I like her shirt too.
So what is she going to be for Halloween? You're so amazing you're already on top of that! I haven't even started yet.
That's cute about the scripture reading. And I love that shot of you and Angela! You both have GREAT smiles! Who took that shot by the way?
That is so adorable! I don't know if it is "genetical" or learned...the early Christmas spirit. I can't wait to see what she's making for you. By the way, I love her hair in that first picture. How did you get it to lay so perfectly? She looks like a total girl, not toddler at all in that shot. And I like her shirt too.
So what is she going to be for Halloween? You're so amazing you're already on top of that! I haven't even started yet.
That's cute about the scripture reading. And I love that shot of you and Angela! You both have GREAT smiles! Who took that shot by the way?
i love all of the Christmas prep! you put me to shame:) i really get made fun of for putting the tree and decorations up so early, and that's all i do and it's not until nov 1st. so i'm glad you are so full of the Christmas spirit!
and i WISH shelley was as enthusiastic about brushing her teeth. she pretty much despises it! i'm glad angela loves it so much!! shelley will hopefully come around:)
Post a Comment