Thursday, June 4, 2009

Just a Little Random...

I am moving some pictures from my computer onto disks and have some pics I've never posted...

Carolyn loves playing with one of her best friends, Kaylen. Kaylen's mom and I switch off babysitting for each other at times...these are pictures from a late babysitting night where the girls got to pull out blankets and pillows and watch a princess show together...


Kaylen's Birthday Party:
Once a week a few women from my ward have a "Princess Playgroup" where we have tea parties, play dress-ups, bake cookies, and just play. This is a picture of Carolyn and Kaylen dancing together at the playgroup:One of my most favorite things to make (and definitely eat!) is homemade bread. I always told myself that I'd make it all of the time (instead of buying the bread) once I had a mixer and more than a foot of counter space :) Well, a couple of weeks ago I realized that I was just being silly! Homemade bread is so much better...and Carolyn LOVES helping me make it! It's become a wonderful weekly tradition we have :)
I have a whole wheat recipe that I got from my brother who got from a friend who has many plant-based recipes (the bread is really healthy...and hard to mess up). The recipe can be found here (you have to stroll down a bit to get to it).
I have been having fun finding more ways to help keep us healthy over here...Do any of you have some tips you could share with me that you use to stay healthy?


I absolutely love Relief Society! There are some very inspiring homemakers in my ward that teach us each month different homemaking skills! A few months ago we learned how to make great whole-wheat tortillas (they taste so good - they are easy to make - and you can freeze them...Carolyn also loves making them with me(and eating them))...Last month we made freezer strawberry jam with a mix that only requires a cup and a half of sugar (much better than the usual 5 cups of sugar! :) This month we are learning how to make butter that you can put in your food storage for years! I'm definitely one that lacks in the homemaking skills (something I am trying to refine!) so it's so fun to be taught by such awesome people! Do any of you have some homemade and healthy stuff you make?
My sweeties:

7 comments:

The Lambert Family said...

That bread looks good! I need to make some soon!

Misty said...

I'm very much NOT a good homemaker. I need to learn a few things myself, that's for sure!

Aubrey and Jardan said...

Hooray I'm excited about the bread! I love reading your blog--your family is so beautiful and you just spread joy :) And also thanks for the encouragement, it's so hard stopping the sugar and I was contemplating giving up! It's good to have something to look forward to :)

k.young said...

Such fun pictures. Your girls are just darling!

Mommy said...

Wow Jannie!
What a great homemaker you are!
First, homemade bread and now..
strawberry jam!
Yummy.

Do you alwasys dress your two girls in the same color combinations? They will soon look like twins when Angela catches up with Carolyn.

Emily Hamilton said...

Your girls are so cute!
The bread looks REALLY good! Yum!
How do you make the butter you were talking about?

brenley said...

fun - if you have time, email me the recipes! i'd love to try a new whole wheat tortilla recipe! yummy! and cute girls!